Following the demise of my much-loved WOT4 whilst practising the BMFA ‘B’ schedule I urgently needed an aerobatic replacement. Weymouth Model Flying Club had earlier helped in the building of some Dynam warbirds for the Battle of Britain Model Squadron TV series and I was impressed at how quickly these kits went together. After a little searching I settled on a Dynam Smart aerobatic trainer. Just like the warbirds it went together quickly and easily.
After a couple of trial flights I settled on a battery, prop and COG location I was happy with. The un-sprung nose wheel kept bending so I replaced it with a spare part from an E-flite Apprentice which worked well.
Continued to enjoy flying it for the rest of the season and hope to polish up the ‘B’ schedule for next year.
Later paint job.